Monday night is Kayak Polo night. These three, 8 week programs, will run throughout the Summer months from the beach at Pitman’s Bay on Mary Lake.
Bring the entire family along to either play Kayak Polo, watch from the sandy shoreline, or play on the beach. A qualified lifeguard will be present to keep an eye on proceedings 🙂
Children’s Kayak Polo (limited to 10 children)
This program is suitable for children 8 – 12 years of age. Children play a smaller version of the adult game that we call Mini Kayak Polo – the goals are lower and the ball is smaller. Children will learn all the skills required to play Polo in a fun and active manner.
Beginner/novice (Level 1) Kayak Polo (16 spaces)
This program is suitable for both the total kayaking beginner and the novice Polo player. Games will be of a social nature with the emphasis on having fun, whilst learning all the skills required to play the game. Basic team tactics will also be discussed. Suitable for robust teenagers upwards 🙂
Intermediate (Level 2/3) Kayak Polo (16 spaces)
If you want a little bit more rough and tumble, whether you are new to kayaking or a seasoned pro, this is the program for you. This will be no holds barred, full on Kayak Polo. Rest assured, if you are new to kayaking you will pick up the required skills very quickly. We will cover all of the skills required to play Kayak Polo, along with more advanced team tactics. Suitable for experienced teenage kayakers upwards 🙂
All programs are 8 weeks, starting Monday 10th July and finishing Sept 11th (excludes 7th Aug and 4th Sept)
- Location: Pitman’s Bay, Mary Lake.
- Children and Beginner 6.00-7.00 pm
- Intermediate 7.00-8.00 pm
- Cost: $96 per person
- Booking: – Through the Town of Huntsville, registration date 23rd June 7:30 am (booking codes – Beginner – 18087, Intermediate – 18085, kids – 18088)
What will you need to bring with you?
- Footwear that can be worn in the kayak.
- Helmet with face guard, if you have one. We have a small supply of helmets with face guards available for loan.
- Dress according to the weather. Layers are always a good idea. If you wish to practice rolling, bring a few more clothes to help keep you warm.
For more information about the program contact Andy Parry at firstname.lastname@example.org